Sunday 29 July 2012

Day Eight

I realised just now how dull my blog titles are and I was about to apologise (as I seem to do a lot in my blog posts) however I realised there is something mysterious about the titles of these posts. They are so empty, so without meaning, and therefore are like a wrapped present. The dull wrapping paper coats the present, leaving the gift within unknown, unnamed. Just like my blog posts. Each day, you, the dear reader, has no idea what I have written about and this mystery is kept unanswered until you read the post itself. Perhaps the blog titles aren't as dull as I thought after all, as long as you can see the meaning underneath.


Today has been awfully boring, mostly filled with me watching some of the Olympic sports and writing my novel. I've passed over 1300 words however I don't really want to share all of it with you. Here is the next paragraph after the ones I put in my last blog post.


The willow cascaded down over a small river which flowed around the hospital, its bottommost leaves brushing the rim of the water but not quite emerging themselves in it. The medication I was on seemed to drag me under, deeper than the leaves skittering on the surface of the water, deeper than the roots dug so firmly in the ground.


The sun set in the sky and rosy streaks reflected in the river. Sleep claimed me.

Oh and perhaps I could throw you a few more.

“Lizzy.”
“Dad, call me Elizabeth.”
“Elizabeth.”

The word ‘dad’ felt so foreign on my tongue, the man sitting beside me who claimed that title seemed equally as foreign. I didn’t know a thing about him, yet he knew so much about me; I felt like the cover of an open book, exposed to all those around me yet unable to see anything under the shell which I was.

“You’re going to have to co-operate, sweetheart.” He said softly, his eyes crinkling at the corner as he attempted a smile.

There, that's how I fit those three lines in which were the start to my novel originally. The mysterious lines. I've crammed a lot of mystery into this incredibly boring post haven't I? All of my inspiration has gone into my novel, my brain is running dry.I hope you can ignore how little I have to say today and enjoy that snippet of my story I have given you. I'm going out tomorrow  so I should have more to say and will hopefully be inspired.

Apologies, lovely reader, have a good evening.

Ayesha x

1 comment:

  1. (Gah, I wish I could figure how to use my wordpress account to comment. Since I'm active there but not really on blogspot.)
    Anyway.
    I'm really enjoying your blog, and it's great to hear your novel's coming along well. I'm liking the part with Elizabeth and 'Dad', very well-written and it makes me want to read on!
    Just out of interest, are you staying on at school or going to a different one? (Fear not, I'm from your school, year above.)And are you doing English Lit? With your writing talent and perception, I think you'd be great at it.

    ReplyDelete