Sunday 22 July 2012

Day One

I would first like to wish you good evening, dear reader. Although I am most likely talking to myself, it's nice to be wished so, and this evening definitely falls under the category of good. I'm sat beside the back door, the cool summer breeze is brushing past my cheek and I can see the glowing sunshine's evening glaze reflecting into my laptop screen. In front of me is a vase of flowers, the closest flower leaning towards the sunshine, begging to be released into the summer heat. It's almost spilling over the edge of the vase in excitement, as you see, today is the sunniest day we have had in a while and it seems everyone (including the vegetation) is flustered.

Today I have decided to start a blog. You see, due to my exams and it being the end of my final year at compulsive secondary school, I have already had almost a month of summer holidays. However, in that month I have done nothing but relish in my freedom by staring at my laptop screen and allowing my eyeballs scream in pain as I sit and watch more television shows than are necessary. 

It doesn't matter, I deserved a break, but now i'm ready for my real summer to start. I am going to begin writing that impatient novel which has been scratching and scrabbling at the back of my mind for so long. I am going to do one thing each day to make me truly smile. You know those true smiles? When you look to the sky at night and notice the stars, how they do not 'twinkle' as the old nursery rhyme says, but instead seem to almost sing to you from the millions upon millions of miles away they are. They sing to your eyes, a song that can only be heard through sight. Each star has their own melody. Then you turn to the ground and the earth and the people below and brandish a true smile because you know you were the only one in that moment to see the stars sing.

I want one true smile each day.


My true smile today was probably the smile I felt creep from my mouth and curl up into my cheeks when I was reading the script for Third Star. Third Star, a movie which I have only seen once, happens to have the most beautiful script I have ever read in my life; the quality of this script is what I one day hope to achieve in a script of my own. My true smile burst from me at the line "I can’t help but see myself...like the dust dancing in the flickerlight of a projector at the cinema."


How beautiful can a line get? Isn't that just spectacular?


I digress, I was explaining why I am now starting to write a blog. As you can see, I do love to talk a lot. Most of the time things like this are whispered to myself under my breath. I wish to have a cat to whisper these things to some day, but for now, my thoughts can be collected in a blog.


I am going to resign now to perhaps begin to write my novel, or maybe continue to read the script of Third Star. Either or, i'll be back to blog again tomorrow. Until then, dear reader, I hope you have a very good evening and find your true smile.


Ayesha x

2 comments:

  1. As I told you before, I was sure you are a good writer. Now, I even have a proof. Brilliant first blog post! Looking forward to the rest of them. You filled my heart with joy. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, dearie. So so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete