Friday 3 August 2012

Day Thirteen

I really can't apologise enough for missing yesterday's post. I had an awful evening and really was not in the right mindset to write you all a post. Unfortunately, in addition to that, I also have no inspiration left and not much to say. Each life is so unique and beautiful in its own way so pointing things out to you about my life will probably seem immensely boring in comparison to everything in your life which makes you smile.


However, I have not much else to tell you. Today I shall share with you something which happened to me which I believe not many others have experienced, therefore I feel like I am revealing something very private. This post is a whisper, from me to you.


I have horrid eyesight. I'm about to be knighted with permanent glasses, a knighthood which I do not want to receive and and dreading awfully. I wear glasses on occasion when I need to see things in the distance and I find the transformation between not wearing and wearing glasses to be mesmerising. As soon as that thin layer of glass covers my eyes, I blink, and my eyelashes brush the frames ever so slightly as if giving them a nudge to get them to begin their magic. Once I open my eyes from blinking the world explodes before me.


Colours become deep and rich and I can almost taste them on my tongue as my eyes guide my other senses. The usually blurred edges of leaves on the trees become so sharp that I feel that if I reach out to touch them I will cut my finger and blood red will join the crisp green of the leaves in a burst of beautiful colours I wouldn't have been able to see properly before. Nevertheless, there is something which stopped my heart for a moment yesterday and I had never experienced anything more breathtaking in all my life.


I was sat outside on a mild day, relishing the scent of freshly mown grass, and I happened to be wearing my glasses. At one moment, I looked to the sky and gasped. I was terrified at just how new the world suddenly seemed to me. Something you probably all take for granted are clouds. Clouds, thousands upon thousands of them, cross over your heads each day unacknowledged. They float with the wind, so silently that they are rarely noticed unless something else pulls your attention to the sky and you spare a thought for the poor, lonely masses of condensed water vapour.


Yesterday I saw clouds properly for the first time in my life. I've never taken a glance to the sky in my glasses, and I didn't realise until yesterday that I had never seen clouds properly. Tears fogged my eyes, I was that in shock, and I smiled a smile more wide and true than I had in a very long time.


Clouds truly are beautiful. Wisps of a wonderful white colour on the edges which cluster together nearer the centre of the cloud to create something so large and fluffy. They are such friendly things, hugging each passer by who happens to glance up with a feeling of such warmth. The smaller ones, barely making a scratch upon the sky, blow away so quickly i'm almost certain not enough people watch them go. They leave without even saying goodbye. Until yesterday I had never truly seen clouds, I had wasted over sixteen years without them.  I regret that most deeply.


I apologise on boring you with details you already know, for I am sure none of you are as silly as me and have noticed clouds before. I will take much more time acknowledging their beautiful existence now, and perhaps they will appreciate the smiles I will give them and how those smiles are dedicated wholly to the joy they bring me.


My blog is honestly reaching an awful point. I'm describing clouds for goodness sake. I'll try so much harder in the future, sorry.


Ayesha x


1 comment:

  1. Don't apologise. This actually brought tears to my eyes. You have a gift for communicating wonder, for seeing the extraordinary in the everyday, that is very rare. I truly marvel at what heights you might reach in years to come.

    ReplyDelete