Tuesday 7 August 2012

Day Unknown

I am so sorry for the lack of blog posts over the past few days; my internet has been completely down and I haven't had any contact with the online world. I'm back now, however, I still have nothing new to share and haven't found any source of inspiration. A blog usually contains things that go on in peoples lives but my life is so dull and pointless, I literally don't do anything.

I've been continuing my novel, for those interested, and Elizabeth has not only met a character who will change her life and fill it to the brim with adventure but also has begun to feel a little more alive again. Here is a snippet of a moment in the hospital where Elizabeth's new friend Andrew shows her something so spectacular that she's momentarily stunned.


“Step into my office.” Andy chuckled, opening the glass door which led onto a balcony. I tentatively followed him, the cool night breeze curling around me and making me shiver. I gasped as I realised what he wanted me to see; sunrise was creeping upon the night, the dark sky streaked with gold and dusky pink, the leaves dancing as the world began to wake. I took a seat beside Andy, back against the glass door, watching as birds flew across the sky.

“It’s beautiful. Really beautiful.” I whispered, squeezing Andy’s hand which I hadn’t realised I was holding again. He grinned at me, squeezing my hand back. We didn’t say another word, just watched the sky ablaze with colour as dawn flooded the night and pushed the darkness away. The willow, my willow, brushed at the grass surrounding it in greeting as morning encouraged nature to wake. I realised that I was doing the same, I had found a friend which the light of the early morning had nudged me towards.

I wish my life held moments which Elizabeth gets to witness, there are so many more days filled with beautiful sunrises and hours sat on cliff sides watching the sea crashing against the rocks below. I have had witnessed beautiful things in the past but they are all magnified in Elizabeth's life as these moments are so new and fresh to her. It's like she is grass that has been freshly mown and i'm an overgrown field of weeds. I get tired of sitting under the same sky but she has so much yet to discover and everything seems so crisp.

I'm soon off to Venice in a few weeks and although you won't see me blogging whilst i'm away, i'll be back with stories to tell and a different sky to describe. I'll then be going to Cornwall, my childhood holiday destination and where most of my writing inspiration comes from. Each day I will give you a slice of the seaside or a chunk of a field full of strawberries and hopefully you can smile and join me on my adventures. 

For now, i'm sat upon a lumpy blue sofa, a grey shade coating the sky and making everything seem like it is dormant or sleeping. I feel the same, i'm in a dreamy sort of haze where I feel like I should be taking a nap and dreaming of those strawberry fields and the cool Cornish sea. Perhaps I will do just that.

Again, apologies for the lack of writing. Soon my blog will be bursting with Italian ice cream and Cornish pasties and you may gobble it up until you are full and satisfied.

Ayesha x

1 comment:

  1. You're giving yourself moments such as those Elizabeth witnesses, by writing them. You sharpen your own awareness and appreciation in the process. Not that many people your age (or any age) have your keen sense of the pulse of life, anyway.

    ReplyDelete